Cloudis has released the latest version of its CMPIC cable management software.
Release 6.11 includes over 200 enhancements, many of them as a result of customer requests, to enable CMPIC to reflect even more closely their own electrical design and installation processes.
Of the more significant enhancements are:
- An increase in field sizes to accommodate customers’ numbering and description conventions and to simplify the adoption of industry standards such as KKS.
- Introduction of more flexible status management of cables as they move through their lifecycle from initial scheduling to final commissioning. This facility enables users to reflect in CMPIC the way that they monitor and measure statuses internally.
- The ability to define a cable as having been pulled between given points, wherever those points may be on the cable’s route. This is of particular significance to customers who build ships by block, which may in themselves be constructed at different sites.
- The facility to nominate a tray, ladder, MCT etc. as installed and ready for cables to be pulled.
- Enhancements to the interface to AutoCAD for the routing of cables, viewing of cable routes and other information about cableways such as % fill at any given point.
Ian Barnes, Cloudis’ commercial director says of the latest release,
“The significant amount of resource that we have invested in this release shows our commitment to our customers and our target markets to provide unrivalled functionality for cable management. We have over twenty years experience in the field and continue to offer independent world leading software for the management of the entire lifecycle of cables.”